Download the Visio add in and the web server component to connect and generate datasets to connect to your existing diagrams or auto generate your diagrams for your infrastructure monitoring needs. See your data from OpsManager and ConfigManager live in Visio diagrams.
Today Microsoft is shipping Service Pack1 for Office 2007. While the site already has all the verbiage, I can’t get to the download yet. I am sure it is only a matter of time until that goes live. Here is a white paper that contain an overview of what to expect in SP1.
Darren Strange has gone through it already and pulled out the few nuggets. Here is the full run down of a few of the core applications from the whitepaper:
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 benefits from a number of fixes and enhancements that make the popular messaging client more stable and easier to use.
· Office Outlook 2007 no longer closes unexpectedly when the junk e-mail rule is set to null.
· Body content in HTML-formatted e-mail messages now appears properly in the preview pane or when the message is opened.
· Items moved from an offline folder file (.ost) to a personal folder file (.pst) now display properly in the preview pane.
· In search folders, Office Outlook 2007 now shows the accurate count for unread items that are hidden.
· When scheduling a resource such as a meeting room in meeting requests, the public free/busy information for the resource is now complete and visible in Office Outlook 2007.
· When users forward plain-text e-mail messages with attachments, the body text is now retained.
· If the Mailbox Cleanup wizard starts while the user is dragging a message into a folder, Office Outlook 2007 no longer closes unexpectedly.
By taking care of several small stability and usability details, Microsoft Office Word 2007 is a more useful and reliable tool for everyday document creation tasks.
· With Office Word 2007, users can now open and edit embedded objects that contain other embedded objects.
· When using smart documents in Office Word 2007, the Document Actions task pane no longer disappears when moving the pointer into the Reviewing pane. Additionally, task panes opened earlier no longer appear unexpectedly.
· Office Word 2007 properly creates and updates a table of contents in unprotected sections of documents that also contain sections protected for forms.
· Office Word 2007 no longer prints an extra page when users choose a printer with the duplex option enabled.
Fixes in Microsoft Office PowerPoint® 2007 make the presentation application even more reliable, especially when used in conjunction with Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access, Web sites that use forms authentication, or event macros.
· Users who have started an event macro in Office PowerPoint 2007 can now advance slides by right-clicking and then choosing Next or Previous.
· When users try to open a presentation in Office PowerPoint 2007 from a Web site using forms authentication, the presentation will now appear properly.
· Users can now open presentations in Office PowerPoint 2007 from e-mail attachments in Office Outlook Web Access.
· Office PowerPoint 2007 no longer crashes when the user programmatically accesses the parent property of the Hyperlinks Collection Object in the Office PowerPoint 2007 object model.
· Text formatting now behaves similarly to previous versions of PowerPoint, where new text retains the formatting of the deleted text instead of using the formatting of the character to the left.
For Microsoft Office Groove® 2007, issues surrounding the activation of new and previously retired accounts have been resolved.
· Office Groove 2007 no longer places a 60-day limit on retired accounts that are stored in backup files.
· When the auto-activation feature is turned on and invited users open an invitation file (.grv), they are no longer prompted for an activation key or notified of an unconfigured account.
Several stability, general usability, and compatibility improvements have been incorporated into Microsoft Office Excel® 2007.
· Office Excel 2007 no longer stops responding in some instances when opening a workbook containing calculations.
· Office Excel 2007 workbooks that are saved in Page Break Preview mode and opened in Microsoft Office Excel 2003 no longer produce an error when switched to Normal view.
· When inputting calculations that should result in numbers 65,534 through 65,536, Office Excel 2007 no longer returns the display error of 100,001.
· Office Excel 2007 now retains custom colors on shapes in Excel 2003 worksheets.
· Office Excel 2007 no longer misplaces or wraps labels in charts when the workbook is reopened.
Links in case you need them.
PressPass Q&A featuring Microsoft Product Manager Reed Shaffner: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2007/dec07/12-11Office2007SP1.mspx
The Microsoft Math Add-in for Microsoft Office Word 2007 makes it easy to create graphs, perform calculations, and solve for variables with equations created in Word.
The Microsoft Math Add-in adds computational and graphing capabilities to the Equation Tools Ribbon of Word 2007.
With the Microsoft Math Add-in for Word 2007, you can:
* Plot a function, equation, or inequality in 2-D or 3-D
* Solve an equation or inequality
* Calculate a numerical result
* Simplify an algebraic expression
To use the add-in, open Word 2007, type Alt-= to create a RichEdit math object, type an equation or expression, and right-click on the equation to see options for solving and graphing within Word.
Download here; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … layLang=en