The System Center Operations Manager team is excited to announce the availability of the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Beta , which is ready for you to download through Microsoft Connect today!
As announced and demonstrated by Brad Anderson at TechEd EMEA 2008 earlier this month, Operations Manager 2007 R2 will deliver key new capabilities including cross-platform monitoring, service-level tracking, new and updated monitor templates (including process, OLE DB, NT Service, and Unix/Linux log file), and much more!
Downloading the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Beta
- If you registered for the Cross Cross Platform Extensions Beta, you can download the R2 Beta through that same program .
- Those new to the Betas should self-subscribe to the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Beta Connect program , which will automatically register you and give you access to the beta download, documentation and support newsgroups.
About Operations Manager 2007 R2
Operations Manager 2007 R2 introduces key new and enhanced functionality, including:
- Enhanced application performance and availability across heterogeneous platforms
- Delivers monitoring across Windows, Linux and Unix servers–all through a single console.
- Extends end to end monitoring of distributed applications to any workload running on Windows, Unix and Linux platforms.
- Maximize availability of virtual workloads with integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008.
- Improved management of applications in the data center
- Delivers on the scale requirements of URL monitoring of your business.
- Meet agreed service levels with enhanced reporting showing application performance and availability.
- More efficient problem identification and action to resolve issues.
- Increased speed of access to information and functionality to drive management
- Faster console load times for views and results.
- Simplified identification and download of new and updated Management Packs through an integrated wizard.
- Faster identification of where Management Pack settings have been tuned using the new overrides summary view.
- Simplified notification setup and management.
- Improved and simplified management pack authoring experience.
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta integrates the functionality delivered with the Cross Platform Extensions Beta, which was originally made available at MMS 2008 in April. Work also continues on the Interoperability Connectors (which enable the sharing of information between Operations Manager and other management systems), and new betas of these will become available in December through the Operations Manager R2 Connect program (we will announce through this blog and to those signed up to the R2 Beta accordingly).
More details can be found in this What’s New & Improved in Operations Manager R2 Overview , or in the documentation found within the R2 Beta Connect program. Additionally, the Operations Manager 2007 R2 page on TechNet will be updated later today with additional information and links to the download.
Support for the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Beta can be found through the following:
- For general questions on the Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta, please use the existing newsgroups at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb839593.aspx
- For questions relating to Cross Platform and the Interoperability Connectors, we are excited to launch the new forums available at:
- Cross Platform Monitoring – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=604&SiteID=17
- Interoperability Connectors – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=605&SiteID=17
We look forward to your evaluating this exciting new beta release, and hearing your feedback on the Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta.