Be one of the first to find out what’s coming next by exploring preview versions of these powerful business products.
The newest SharePoint is designed to help everyone in your organization share content and ideas, organize teams and projects, and discover connections to get work done.
- Share documents easily from SharePoint or any Office application, and track the people you’ve shared them with.
- Follow sites, documents, and people with updates delivered to your activity feed.
- Share ideas and tap into the knowledge of specialists from across your organization.
- Search for documents, people, discussions, and #tags from anywhere in SharePoint.
- Discover and trial third party apps in the marketplace to customize your SharePoint sites.
How to try
The newest Exchange enables you to increase user productivity and keep your organization safe, while maintaining the control you need.
- Move to the cloud on your terms with flexible migration options.
- Help your users do more on any device, manage increasing volumes of email, and work together more effectively as teams.
- Protect business communications and sensitive information as you meet internal and regulatory compliance requirements.
The newest Lync is an enterprise-ready, unified communications platform that connects people everywhere on Windows 8 and other devices.
- Use a single, unified client for real-time communications, including voice and video calls, Lync meetings, presence, instant messaging, and persistent chat.
- Get HD video conferencing across a range of devices. The Lync video gallery allows Lync meeting attendees to simultaneously view up to 5 different participants, identify the active speaker, and associate names with faces.
Office Web Apps Server 2013
With Office Web Apps Server, your users get browser-based productivity from nearly any device on your terms and within your own private network.
- Keep your users productive and working together, no matter where they are or what device or software they have, using browser-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- Manage updates to Web Apps Server independent of other products with standalone server deployment and configuration.
- Get simple, seamless integration with your existing servers including Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, line-of-business applications and file shares.
How to try
The new Project offers flexible service or on-premises solutions for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. Try it in these three versions:
- Project Online Preview is our online solution that gives you flexible options for achieving strategic priorities while helping your team deliver efficiently from virtually anywhere.
- Try Project Server 2013 Preview, our on-premises solution to set clear strategic priorities and help your team execute effectively against them.
- With Project Professional 2013 Preview you can call or instant message right from your project with Lync*—just two new ways to improve collaboration while keeping your team productive and on track. (* Requires Lync Online or Lync 2013, which are sold separately.)
The new Visio lets you easily create professional, versatile diagrams that help you organize and make sense of complex information.
- Create diagrams more intuitively—including new and updated shapes and stencils, improved effects, and themes.
- Make your diagrams more dynamic by linking shapes to real-time data, and then share them with others via Visio Services in SharePoint—even if they don’t have Visio installed.
- Simplify teamwork with new coauthoring features.
Office Professional Plus 2013
For IT pros, you can also try the Office Professional Plus 2013 MSI-based installation, which includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher, and Lync. Note that this is not the Click-to-Run installation used by Office 365 ProPlus and does not support fast streaming installation or side-by-side operation with older versions of Office. In addition, you must uninstall the existing version of Office on your PC to try Office Professional Plus 2013.